Terms and conditions of use
1.1 These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this website or any services provided via this website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their terms and conditions), and Handmade Bosses, the owner and operator of this website.
1.2 Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. If you subscribe to any services via this website, you will be asked to consent to these terms and conditions upon the point of entering into such services. If you don’t subscribe to any services, but use this website generally, your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
1.3 In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Handmade Bosses and acting in the course of their employment, or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Handmade Bosses and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
1.4 You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website or receive any services. By using the website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the website, is the property of Handmade Bosses, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, ‘Content’ means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the website without the owner's prior written permission.
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Handmade Bosses.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial Content onto the website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person.
- Prohibited use
- You may not use the website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- Availability of the website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Handmade Bosses makes available through the website (the “Service”) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Under no circumstances do we guarantee that you will achieve improved results through using any Services.
- Handmade Bosses is under no obligation to update information on the website.
- Whilst Handmade Bosses uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard, and all Users take responsibility for their security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Handmade Bosses accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website.
- Handmade Bosses reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit or exclude any of our or your obligations in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- To the extent that the website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind. To the extent that Services are provided for charge, our liability will be limited to 100% of the fees paid in the 12 months proceeding the claim made.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Handmade Bosses accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Course/Service Terms
- Any User signing up to our Services agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and to follow the instructions of any Services provided.
- Any User has 14 days to cancel the services and receive a refund for any reason.
- A User has 30 days to cancel the Services and receive a refund if you able to evidence that you have followed the course and completed the work (including submission of work to Handmade Bosses) but the course hasn’t worked for you. Any refunds outside of this will be at the absolute discretion of Handmade Bosses.
- Unless otherwise specified, payment for any Services is to be made upfront upon registration or as part of a payment plan as agreed with Handmade Bosses upon registration.
- Handmade Bosses shall not be held liable for any reason whatsoever for yours or your company’s performance following the completion of our Services. We do not guarantee any performance of our Users or their businesses.
- Any complaints shall be made in writing by email to [email protected] and we agree to review and respond to complaints as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Any references to third party companies contained on the Website or in our Services and service materials, is just a reference and not an endorsement of those companies or their business. In particular, Handmade Bosses does not endorse, partner, support or affiliate itself with Etsy. If you use any business referenced in our materials, you should use at your own risk and should familiarise yourself with any applicable terms and conditions those businesses present.
- Payments will be taken on the website via our payment provider (currently Stripe but this may be changed without notice) and by making payment you agree with the terms of the payment provider in taking your payment.
- Any promotions or special offers advertised on the website or within our services are offered at the complete discretion of Handmade Bosses. We may amend, update or cancel any promotions or special offers at any times and no promotion or special offer is contractually binding.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions, and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales, and all disputes arising under the agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Handmade Bosses details
- Handmade Bosses is a limited liability company with company number 13609442 and registered office at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX and it operates the website handmadebosses.com. You can contact Handmade Bosses by email at: [email protected].