Standard Terms and Conditions October 2022
- “Client” “you” is the person (or persons) who accepts the Proposal (where more than one they are joint and severally liable) You are purchasing the Services as a business and therefore you are asked to read section C of these Terms very carefully.
- “Proposal” is the description of the Materials and /or Services set out on various pages of our online platform https://www.handmadebosses.com/ to be provided by us to the Client.
- “Services” are those set out in the Proposal. They are business to business services. The Services are:
“Training Services” - our online training courses.
“Coaching Services”- our one-to-one coaching programs. It does not include any group coaching included in the Training Services.
as selected by the Client from the options in the Proposal. Services include the provision of Materials. Some Services are time limited as detailed in the Proposal.
- “Materials” are any written, photographic, or digital files, documents, copy or images that we provide as part of the Services, whether free or paid for, and include but are not limited to PDF’s, graphs, photographs, video content, how-to guides, process descriptions and any other written or digital material which supports or forms part of any or all of the Services.
- “Handmade Bosses” “we” “us” is Handmade Bosses Limited, trading as Handmade Bosses, Company Number 13609442 and registered office at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
- “Terms” are these Terms and Conditions.
B Price and payment
- The price for the Services and/or Materials is set out in the Proposal provided to the Client prior to the commencement of the Services or delivery of the Materials. The price and, where applicable, any expenses, shall be the “Fees” of Handmade Bosses.
- The price and payment options for the Services and/or Materials are set out on the website. VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate from time to time. Free Resources have no Fees attached but in all other respects are subject to these Terms.
- Payment of 100% of the Fees is due in full at time of booking, save as set out clearly on our website for the specific Services which offer a split payment option.
- Where split payment options are available, each instalment must be paid on time, and failure to pay any instalment on time will be a material breach of this agreement and will result in Handmade Bosses removing your access to the Services immediately and thereafter cancelling or amending the Services, in their sole discretion.
- The Fees for the Training Services shall be paid in advance, as a one-off payment or by installments with the first installment paid, before commencement of the Services, on signing up to the Training Services on our online payment platform. The Fees are for the complete program, and you should refer to clause C below for the consequences of cancellation and/or rescheduling any of the Services.
- There is a minimum subscription period for the Training Services program.
- The Training Services shall be delivered monthly via our website and online training platform accessed by a code provided by us after you agree these Terms and payment of the Fees. Once you have accessed the Services (even if you have not viewed, used, read, or downloaded any of the Services or Materials) via the webpage or other platforms with the login details we provide when you enter this agreement, you may not cancel the Services – see clause C.
- The Training Services and Materials include written, digital, and video content and all content is then usually available to the Client after completion of the Services as set out in the Proposal.
- The Fees for the Coaching Services shall be paid in advance, as a one-off payment or by installments with the first installment paid, before commencement of the Services, on signing up to the Coaching Services on our online payment platform. The Fees are for the complete program, and you should refer to clause C below for the consequences of cancellation and/or rescheduling any of the Services.
- There is a minimum subscription period for the Coaching Services program.
- The Coaching Services shall be delivered weekly 1:1 by telephone and or zoom, and all other Materials are provided by links, downloads or emailed to the Client during the 6-week program.
- The Coaching Services and Materials include written, digital, and video content, and all content is then usually available to the Client after completion of the Services as set out in the Proposal.
C Rearrangements of the Services and Cancellation
- The Services can be rearranged or cancelled by either party in writing or by email to [email protected] subject to the matters set out in this clause.
Cancellation by Handmade Bosses
- 2.1 If Handmade Bosses cancels the Services, save in accordance with clause 2.2, Fees for any of the Services paid by the Client in advance will be repaid to the Client within 14 days of cancellation. Any Fees paid for Services already delivered will not be refunded. No further refunds, sum or compensation will be payable to the Client by Handmade Bosses arising from such cancellation.
2.2 The Services may be terminated by Handmade Bosses if payment of the Fees is not made in accordance with these Terms, or if the Client commits a material breach of any of these Terms and fails to remedy the breach within 14 days of being notified in writing, or the Client makes any statements or behaves in any way or requests Handmade Bosses to undertake any actions that are discriminatory, illegal or immoral, or if the Client enters into any form of insolvency arrangement or suspends its business. Upon termination, the Client shall immediately pay any outstanding sums to Handmade Bosses.
2.3 In the unlikely event of Handmade Bosses having to reschedule the Services, Handmade Bosses will give the Client as much notice as reasonably practical and offer alternative dates to deliver the Services as soon as practicable. No refunds, sum or compensation will be payable to the Client by Handmade Bosses arising from such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Client
- 3.1 If the Client seeks to cancel the Services, then the Fees paid shall be forfeited and non-refundable in their entirety. Any Fees not paid at the time of cancellation by the Client shall be due in full immediately. This includes any instalments yet to be paid at the time of cancellation. No further sums will be due from the Client to Handmade Bosses arising from such cancellation.
3.2 As the Client has immediate access to the Services once they enter this agreement, if the Client seeks to cancel the Services after entering into this agreement, then the Fees for all agreed Services (whether provided at the date of cancellation or otherwise) will be payable in full and are nonrefundable. There will be no refund as the Services access /login code has been provided to the Client, even if the Client has not viewed, used, downloaded, or partaken in or made use of the Services or Materials.
- For Coaching Services only:
4.1 If the Client seeks to rearrange any Coaching Services booked, at least 24 hours’ notice must be given to Handmade Bosses. If less than 24 hours’ notice is given, or if the Client seeks to postpone the Coaching Services for a second time (after rearrangement of the Coaching Services has once been agreed) then the Fees for that part of the Coaching Services are forfeited.
D General Conditions
- Request by the Client for the Services on the online payment platform before payment for the Services and /or Materials by the Client, will constitute an acceptance in full of these Terms.
- The Services supplied shall be provided from the date, at a location and for a period of time agreed in writing from time to time. The Services shall terminate when they are completed, and all payments have been made in full. Variations to the Services may only be agreed in writing. Variations to the Services by Handmade Bosses may be essential if services or suppliers need to be substituted. In such an event, the same level of services or goods or suppliers will be provided but limited changes are inevitable. Handmade Bosses will endeavour to maintain quality and value as far as reasonably possible.
- Handmade Bosses shall use reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates, but such dates shall be estimates only, and time is not the essence of the contract.
- The Fees will be paid after invoices rendered from time to time. VAT is applicable. Payment terms are ‘immediate’, and payment is not deemed to have been made until the Fees have been paid in full. If payment is not made in full and within time, the Services may be suspended and payment in advance may be required before the Services are re - commenced.
- Handmade Bosses reserves the right to require all Fees to be paid in advance of the commencement of the Services where applicable and agreed in writing by us.
- If payment is not made in accordance with the above clauses, Handmade Bosses reserves the right to charge interest at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debt (Interest) Act 1998 from the date payment was due until the date payment is made.
- Each party will keep the confidential information of the other party and any third party confidential and secret, and only use it for the purposes of supplying the Services or making proper use of the Services. Each party recognises and accepts its obligations with regard to the control and the processing of personal data under the current data protection legislation and regulations. For more information on this, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.
- Following the conclusion of the Services, Handmade Bosses may wish to contact you to request testimonials, recommendations, or feedback on the services. By agreeing to these Terms, you are consenting to that contact by Handmade Bosses after the conclusion of the Services.
- The Client grants to Handmade Bosses consent to use any work including photographs and videos created as part of the Assignment to show off its services and designs, together with the right to display images as part of its portfolio and to write about the Assignment on websites, and in its marketing materials. In such circumstances the Client will not be identified, or identifiable from the use of the work unless the Client’s specific written consent has been obtained.
- Handmade Bosses asserts its intellectual property rights, including copyright and design rights, over any photographs, videos, plans, designs, concepts, digital or written Materials produced by us as part of the services. Materials shall not be reproduced, copied, shared, or used elsewhere without the written permission of Handmade Bosses. All rights are entirely reserved by Handmade Bosses. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the property and copyright or any other intellectual property rights in Materials produced by Handmade Bosses to deliver the Services shall remain ours. They may not be copied or used without our written permission.
- Handmade Bosses’ liability in respect of any loss of good will, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of use or for any other consequential, special, or indirect loss or damage will be NIL.
- Handmade Bosses will use reasonable care and skill in performing the Services. Where any valid claim in respect of the Services is made the Client may only be entitled to a refund of the Fees or part of the Fees paid by the Client. In respect of any other direct losses (in Contract or Tort) the total liability of Handmade Bosses will not exceed £2,000,000.00 (Two million pounds)
- Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit liability for death or serious injury caused by Handmade Bosses' negligence.
- If Handmade Bosses is limited or hindered from providing Services booked by the Client due to circumstances beyond its control eg. government intervention, Acts of God, civil disturbance, war, national or local disaster, strikes, labour disputes, epidemic and/or pandemic, then any liability of Handmade Bosses to the Client shall not exceed the amount paid by the Client for the Services. Where the value of the Services already delivered to the Client (and/or expenses incurred) is greater than the value of the Fees paid, we shall be entitled to be paid additionally for all Services delivered (and/or expenses incurred) to the Client up to that point. Handmade Bosses shall not be liable for any losses incurred by the Client in such circumstances.
- Handmade Bosses shall not be liable for your or your business’s performance or lack of performance following the delivery or use of our Services or our Materials. We do not guarantee any result for Clients or their businesses.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to create a partnership or joint venture between Handmade Bosses and the Client, and no party has the right to act as agent for the other or to bind the other party in any way.
- These Terms and any dispute arising from them shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.